IJMC - Some Stuff to Know
I really need to finish up this three OS in one drive project. Every time
I spend a night working on it, I fail to send out posts for a few days or
so. This last time, a few nights ago, I came real close. All I thought I
had left to do was to figure out the ARC path name so that Windows NT
boot loader would load Windows 98 off of a FAT32 partition (lost yet?).
Then I rebooted into NT...all good...reboot into Linux...ow. Turns out
that the Win98 partition had overwritten half of one Linux partition and
the entire Linux swap partition. Oi. Close...so close. -dave
1. Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2. You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the track.
3. There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
4. Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
5. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
6. Sometimes too much to drink is not enough.
7. The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
8. The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
9. Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
10. Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.
11. Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
12. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
13. Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
14. I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
15. Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
16. If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
17. All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
18. If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
19. One seventh of your life is spent on Monday.
20. By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
21. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
22. The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
23. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
24. This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.
25. Never wrestle a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
26. The trouble with life is, you're halfway through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
27. For every action there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
28. The young wish to give their elders the full benefits of their inexperience.
29. The elders like to sit back while their young do all their work.
30. People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.
31. Some people would not recognize subtlety if it hit them on the head.
32. The value of the average conversation could be enormously improved by the constant use of four simple words: "I do not know."
33. The world isn't worse. It's just that the news coverage is so much better.