IJMC - I Love Number One
For some reason, this post just feels VERY timely. I just finished my
first day of my Tuesday-Thursday classes...but that's after surviving
work...when I was on my way to work this morning, I actually thought
about what might happen if I was caught snoring in my cubicle. I haven't
deleted QuakeWorld off of my hard drive yet, but two nights of less than
6 hours of sleep...oi, I'm a walking zombie. So, as I do all too often,
"g'night everyone." (of course, most of you get this in the morning...
but does it look like I care? <grin>) -dave
BEST EXCUSES IF YOU GET CAUGHT SLEEPING IN YOUR OFFICE OR CUBICLE
1. It's okay... I'm still billing the client.
2. They told me at the blood bank this might happen.
3. This is just a 15-minute power nap like they raved about in that
time-management course you sent me to.
4. I was working smarter-not harder.
5. Whew! I musta left the top off the liquid paper.
6. I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement
and envisioning a new paradigm!
7. This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!
8. I was testing the keyboard for drool-resistance.
9. I'm actually doing a Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan
(SLEEP) I learned at the last mandatory seminar you made us attend.
10. This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamed
11. I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve
12. Damn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a
solution to our biggest problem.
13. The coffee machine is broke...
14. Wasn't sleeping. Was trying to pick up contact lens without
15. The mailman flipped out and pulled a gun so I was playing dead
to avoid getting shot.