IJMC - Microsoft vs. Detroit
Nope, Apple hasn't yet picked up Microsoft's theme for code names, this
one is a bit more frightening. I'm just a tad scared of the idea of seeing a
car with moving clouds on all of the windows as an "Interior Saver".
(just remember, AfterDark looks better but mysteriously affects your
Top 10 Ways Microsoft Would Change The Auto Business
10. New seats would require everyone to have the same butt size.
9. We would all have to switch to Microsoft Gas.
8. The U.S. government would be forced to rebuild all of the roads for
Microsoft cars; they will drive on the old roads, but they run very
7. The oil, alternator, gas and engine warning lights would be replaced
by a single 'General Car Fault' warning light.
6. Sun MotorSystems would make a car that was solar-powered, twice as
reliable and five times as fast, but would run on only 5% of the
roads. [IJMC - and cost three times as much...]
5. You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car.
4. You could have only one person in the car at a time, unless you
bought a Car95 or CarNT -- but then you would have to buy ten more
seats and a new engine.
3. Occasionally, your car would die for NO apparent reason and you
would have to restart it. Strangely, you would just accept this as
2. Every time the lines of the road were repainted, you would have to
buy a new car.
1. People would get excited about the new features of the latest
Microsoft cars, forgetting that these same features had been
available from other car makers for years!