IJMC - The World's Easiest Quiz
Sorry about the dearth of messages over the past two days. Now in
addition to finding yours truly either online or in real life, you can
now find me...underwater. Fully PADI certified and ready to SCUBA around
the world. It's gonna be a blast...anyway, it also means no messages over
the last week or so of December, but that's life. Until then, look for
your IJMC as timely as ever, which isn't very. Anyway, I'm hoping I also
did better on my finals than I did on the below quiz, maybe you'll do
better than I did? I missed them all. -dave
P.S. Never try to inhale on a snorkle while lying on your back in the water.
THE WORLD'S EASIEST QUIZ
(PAGE DOWN TO FIND ANSWERS)
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
7) What was King George VI's first name?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10) How long did the Thirty Years War last?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ
1) 116 years, from 1337 to 1453.
3) From sheep and horses.
4) November. The Russian calendar was 13 days behind ours.
5) Squirrel fir.
6) The Latin name was Insularia Canaria - Island of the Dogs.
7) Albert. When he came to the throne in 1936 he respected the
wish of Queen Victoria that no future king should ever be
8) Distinctively crimson.
9) New Zealand.
10) Thirty years, of course. From 1618 to 1648.